Wednesday, November 23, 2011

President fights on!


Dear Faculty, Staff and Students,

Earlier today I informed the chair of the State Board of Higher Education of my decision to not resign my position at the University of Oregon.  Instead, I am committed to serving as president through the end of my contract on June 30, 2012.

As you know, on Monday I was informed by the State Board of Higher Education that my contract as president will not be renewed.  In the hours since news of the State Board decision became public, I have been heartened by the outpouring of support I have received for the work we are doing to reimagine public higher education in Oregon.  While the positive comments from members of the campus community and beyond help to galvanize my commitment to this outstanding institution,  I hasten to remind you that this is not about me.  We must all redouble our efforts to bring about positive change to the governance, funding and accountability of Oregon’s public universities.

Again, I want to thank you all for the excellent work you do.  I am, indeed, fortunate to be able to call you colleagues.

Best regards,

Richard Lariviere

1 comment:

  1. Brove, President Lariviere. In my humble opinion, the Chancellor and the board should resign.

    ReplyDelete